Plastic surgeon Dr. Jennifer Walden is no stranger to being in the media spotlight or receiving awards for her accomplishments in medicine and her philanthropic work.
Besides her weekly show Looking Good and Living Well on ABC affiliate KVUE in Austin, Texas Dr. Walden has appeared on CBS, Fox News, VH1 and E! television networks. She also devotes her time and money to causes such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of South Central Texas, the Guardian Angel Society, Circle of Red and the Junior League of Austin’s Food in Tummies (FIT) Program.
Dr. Walden has been mentioned in numerous magazines and newspapers around the world including:
HealthCosmopolitanVogueItalianVogueVive Magazine Austin WomenAustin MD Magazine Texas MDPlastic Surgery Practice Texas Monthly, The Working LifeAustin Business Journal The New York Sun
- Italian Vogue
- Vive Magazine
- Austin Women
- Austin MD Magazine
- Texas MD
- Plastic Surgery Practice
- Texas Monthly, The Working Life
- Austin Business Journal
- The New York Sun
The list of awards and recognition Dr. Walden has received over the years includes:
Harper’s Bazaar’sAmericanWay.Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- One of Harper’s Bazaar’s 24 Best Beauty Surgeons 2014.
- One of the Best Plastic Surgeons in America in 2015 as named by American Way.
- In 2016 she was of few women ever chosen for membership in the American Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- Winner of 2010 BMA Book Award in Surgical Specialties for co-authoring the textbook Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Best Scientific Exhibit by a Candidate from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2004.
- The 1998 Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Award and Achievement Citation.
- The 1998 Mavis P. Kelsey Excellence in Medicine Award and Scholarship.
- Runner Up 2016 Woman of the Year in fundraising for the South Central Texas Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Dr. Walden currently is on the Board of Directors for the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and is also their Commissioner of Communications. She also serves as the media spokesperson for the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Learn more about her: http://mdmonthly.com/dr-jennifer-walden-empowering-women-personal-professional-levels/