Thor Halvorssen, orator, human rights activist, and film producer is the founder of the Human Rights Foundation (HRF) located in New York City, New York. Under his activist leadership, the HRF does many things to improve freedoms, human conditions and defeat dictatorships. One program, Exposing Dictatorships discourages celebrities from performing in locations subject to dictator ruling, in addition they publicly berate American Public Relation firms for exchanging their services for “donations” to their firms. This list has included but has not been limited to:
- Jennifer Lopez for her performance in Turkmenistan;
- Kanye West, who performed at President Mursultan Nazabavev’s grandson’s wedding in Kazakhstan;
- Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj for their performances in Angola.
- The Leon H. Sullivan Foundation in Equatorial Guinea who is believed to have cleaned up President Teodoro Obiang’s public image of operating the country with no concern for human rights.
Through his film producing efforts, Thor has persistently attempted to advocate against suppression and educate people about poor conditions across the globe regarding human rights. Among these efforts are movies:
- Freedom’s Fury is a documentary that focuses on the 1956 Summer Olympics in Australia. More specifically the semifinal water polo competition between the then USSR and Hungary, which would come to be known as the violent “blood in the water match.” This film debuted in 2006 at the Tribeca Film Festival on the 50th anniversary of the event.
- Released in 2009, the science fiction movie, 2081 projects a possible future America, where individual inequality has been eliminated by the make-believe 211th, 212th, and 213th amendments to the constitution.
- The Singing Revolution, another 2006 film is about Estonians who together fight against Russian occupation by singing patriotic songs. Certainly, not your typical idea of a revolution, but it makes the point regarding human suppression.
There are others, along with numerous written publications; however, the important note to make here is that Thor Halvorssen, offers expertise in the fields of human and civil rights.
There are a lot of people who are not sure what it means that Bernie Sanders is a democratic socialist, and he wanted to explain to the public how that works. The explanation that he gave is in a video that he made on Fox News, and he shared all the information that he had about Bernie Sanders. The first thing that he did is share what democratic socialism is, and she made it much easier for people to get the information they needed.
There are many things that people do not understand because they think that Bernie Sanders is going to raise taxes, but he is going to use the tax dollars that he gets more efficiently than other people have. He has made sure that people are going to get better services, and he wants to help the American people get the things that they need. This is a very easy thing for people to learn about because they need to know what Bernie Sanders plans to do that is not communist at all.
Thor Halvorssen has a lot of experience with communist governments, and he knows that those governments are not like what Bernie Sanders wants to do. Bernie Sanders is going to make it easier for people to use the services that they need. Bernie Sanders wants to make the government as friendly as he can for the people who are used to getting help from it, and he wants to make sure that people are going to get what they need, and he wants to put tax dollars to work in a way that makes sense for everyone. He does wants to make people wait to get the help they need, and he wants to allow less loopholes.
He has seen it work in his homeland, and he sees it work through the Human Rights Foundation. Thor Halvorssen is an advocate for Bernie Sanders because he knows that Bernie Sanders means well.
More information for Thor Halvorssen: